We truly are a family redefined. We are husband, wife, son, daughter, step children, biological and adopted children and most importantly, Children of God.

A friend pointed out that I needed to update my blog header. After our adoption from Ethiopia, I had updated it stating how the adoption of Sara Joy completed our family. Well... the journey continues. After much prayer, we have decided to follow what we feel is God's calling for us...we went to Ghana with the intention of adopting a four year old girl, Isabella Hope. Little did we know that she would be the catalyst to bringing home not only her, but her half brother and sister. We will now be adding not only Isabella Hope to our family, but also Mary Grace (9) and Gilbert (6) who we will transition to the name Nathaniel Timothy. The shock is wearing off and the JOY and EXCITEMENT are overwhelming. Now truly, our family is complete. The great part of journeying with God, is that it's always an adventure. He knows where we are going, and for us it is all a marvelous surprise. Looking forward to sharing our family adventures as we walk daily through life and as we venture off to Ghana to bring home Mary, Nate and Isabella! It's always an adventure redefining our family!



Sunday, August 14, 2011

And so we move forward (not on)

When you move "on" from something, in my mind, you leave what you are moving "on" from, behind.  I choose to move forward.  Moving "forward" allows you to carry things with you.  It's not getting rid of anything, it's just changing your perspective, your position, to something different.  It's seeing things in a different way, in a different light.  Sometimes it's all you can do.  Sometimes you just don't have a choice!  Sometimes the choice is made for you, and sometimes you have to come to the hard choice.  In any situation, you can choose to move "on", or you can choose to move "forward".  I'm choosing forward.

I've thought long and hard about what I can do to occupy this place in my heart that lives to love children.  I haven't come up with anything yet.  There are changes on the horizon for our family though... maybe God is waiting to show me His plan, until these changes come to fruition and we settle into our new normal.  All I know is.... God is moving.  He is moving in my heart, and in my life.  He is moving in our family.  That is pretty exciting.

The kids are starting back to school this week.  Cameron will be starting 7th grade - junior high.... with schedules, moving classes, a locker... all the things that junior high has to offer!  Anna is starting 2nd grade - second grade with learning cursive, lots of spelling tests and getting older and maturing.  My little Sara Joy - she is moving up to the 2K room.  No more cribs, those have been swapped out for mats at nap time.  She'll have new teachers to adjust to and a new schedule to get used to.  Changes are happening all over at our house. 

Fall is in the air - ok, admittedly, we live in SC, so fall is not in the air here yet temperature wise, but the fall schedule is in the air.  Pretty soon we will have football games to attend on Friday nights, Clemson football games, Monday night football, college football (ugghh - it's all about football, isn't it???).  Tim, Cameron and Anna are going to head up to a Clemson game and then camp out for a night.  It's best to camp out in the fall or spring here, as in the summer it's just too hot!  I'm not a big fan of tents, public bathroom, public showers or spiders - so Sara and I will stay home while they do that outing.  We'll take another trip up to the cabin to see the beautiful fall colors changing in North Carolina, pick up apple cider and take long walks in the mountains.  Rhubarb pie... am I the only person in the world who likes rhubarb pie?  It's my favorite.  I make a mean Yankee Apple Pie too - fall is a good time for that.

Sometimes moving forward is hard.  It's letting go of what you thought would be... but it can be grabbing onto what is to come as well.  Here's to something good coming that I can grab on to.

In Christ,
Charity 

1 comment:

Veronica said...

Charity, my prayers are with you as you adjust and wait on God to show you His plan!