We truly are a family redefined. We are husband, wife, son, daughter, step children, biological and adopted children and most importantly, Children of God.

A friend pointed out that I needed to update my blog header. After our adoption from Ethiopia, I had updated it stating how the adoption of Sara Joy completed our family. Well... the journey continues. After much prayer, we have decided to follow what we feel is God's calling for us...we went to Ghana with the intention of adopting a four year old girl, Isabella Hope. Little did we know that she would be the catalyst to bringing home not only her, but her half brother and sister. We will now be adding not only Isabella Hope to our family, but also Mary Grace (9) and Gilbert (6) who we will transition to the name Nathaniel Timothy. The shock is wearing off and the JOY and EXCITEMENT are overwhelming. Now truly, our family is complete. The great part of journeying with God, is that it's always an adventure. He knows where we are going, and for us it is all a marvelous surprise. Looking forward to sharing our family adventures as we walk daily through life and as we venture off to Ghana to bring home Mary, Nate and Isabella! It's always an adventure redefining our family!



Friday, September 16, 2011

Re-Adoption Day

Yesterday, September 15th, 2011 we appeared in family court for our re-adoption of our Sara (Edom).  As part of the re-adoption process we were requesting a formal name change for Sara to Sara Joy Edom Roach.  That is all anyone knows her as, but her legal name right now is Edom Timothy Roach (yes, her middle name was TIMOTHY - Ethiopian tradition).  So, we requested her official name change.  We also requested a change in her date of birth.  When we were originally referred Sara, we were given a birth date of April 16, 2009.  When we went to Embassy, somehow her date of birth had changed to October 24th, 2009.  It was clearly NOT her birthday.  The embassy doctor even made note of this.  So, as part of the pleading, we requested an official change of birthdate to April 16th, 2009.  The judge granted both of our petitions!  The readoption was official and Sara Joy is now LEGALLY Sara Joy Edom Roach.  We are SO blessed to have this little girl in our hearts and home!  


I look at this picture of my family and I am so thankful.  Sure, there are flaws in each of us, but together, we are a beautiful family.  I love the family that I was blessed to have been given!


So, things have been a little quiet on the blog front - I guess because there is a lot going on... I know, doesn't really make much sense, but that's how it works out.  You get busy, you quit writing.  I've actually just had a great deal on my mind lately, kinda personal stuff and wasn't ready to share it all.  Today I will start.


I've applied to receive another Leader Dog.  Hopefully that will happen for me quickly.  My vision is progressively getting worse and I'm having more and more difficulty with things.  I realize just how much I needed Pearl.  I sure do miss that sweet dog.  Life just isn't the same without her.  So... the application is completed, reference forms have been mailed and now it's pretty much in the hands of the school.  Pray with me that this process will proceed quickly as I'm in desperate need of my "eyes" being back.  And pray with me that when I do get another dog, that the bond that forms between us is as strong as the bond that I had with Pearl.  There was an unspoken relationship between us when Pearl was working.  Many things I didn't have to "say".  She just knew.  I pray that over time I will have that working relationship with another dog.  I also pray that the kids love her (assuming it's a her)... they loved Pearl and I want to see them enjoy and love another dog just as much!


In other big news - I'm home from work right now.  Without going into too much detail, I've been having some relatively seriously issues with my eyesight.  I've been to the doctor about it and I'm currently off of work.  I'm not sure right now what the path forward will be, but I'm working with the doctors to figure it all out.  For now, I'm home when the kids get home from school which is nice.  I'm enjoying that.  It gives us more time in the evenings, as I already have dinner made when Tim gets home.  I've got plenty to keep me occupied right now so it's all good.  I'll keep you posted as to where it's going from here....  kind of uncertain times, but we're making our way through it.


And last but not least - it's Anna Clare's birthday!!!!  I have another post in my head dedicated to her that I will write shortly - but I wanted to make sure I got a shout-out to her right away, so she doesn't think I forgot about her :).  Love you Ms. Anna Clare AiYi Roach.  Another post and pictures shortly!!!


In Christ,
Charity

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the readoption! And I will pray that you will be matched soon with just the right dog, and that you will "fit" together perfectly, like it was with you and Pearl!

Paula said...

Congratulations to Sara Joy! Hope you get a new dog you love and that you get all the answers you need from the doctors... enjoy your extra time at home with your family.