We truly are a family redefined. We are husband, wife, son, daughter, step children, biological and adopted children and most importantly, Children of God.

A friend pointed out that I needed to update my blog header. After our adoption from Ethiopia, I had updated it stating how the adoption of Sara Joy completed our family. Well... the journey continues. After much prayer, we have decided to follow what we feel is God's calling for us...we went to Ghana with the intention of adopting a four year old girl, Isabella Hope. Little did we know that she would be the catalyst to bringing home not only her, but her half brother and sister. We will now be adding not only Isabella Hope to our family, but also Mary Grace (9) and Gilbert (6) who we will transition to the name Nathaniel Timothy. The shock is wearing off and the JOY and EXCITEMENT are overwhelming. Now truly, our family is complete. The great part of journeying with God, is that it's always an adventure. He knows where we are going, and for us it is all a marvelous surprise. Looking forward to sharing our family adventures as we walk daily through life and as we venture off to Ghana to bring home Mary, Nate and Isabella! It's always an adventure redefining our family!



Friday, January 27, 2012

Sneak peek - Father / Daughter Dance

Every father should have the honor of taking his daughter to a father / daughter dance!  I really, firmly believe that.  It gives the dad/daughter pair time to spend some quality time together - just the dads and daughters, and it gives dads the opportunity to really dote on their daughters.  They get to get dressed up, buy them a corsage, take them to dinner then off to the dance....where I'm sure the dads have a SPLENDID time dancing to Justin Bieber, Brittney Spears or whoever they dance to these days :)

Tim and Anna are going to a father / daughter dance next week that is being hosted by our church.  If you follow me on F@cebook you know that I love our church - the preaching is great, the Journey groups are wonderful, the fellowship is excellent - and they do stuff like this to foster family - and continue to build relationships within the church... because I'm guessing those dads will have plenty of time to chat while their daughters are hitting the dance floor :)

Anyway, since Tim and Anna are attending this event, we decided she needed to be able to pick a new dress.  Now, Anna is 8, so her taste in attire is starting to mature.  She's not about frilly dresses, she likes the more grown up things.  Finding a dress for her is difficult.  She is so thin, that many dresses just HANG on her.  Also, the cut of the dress can't be too low - even fairly high-cut necklines end up looking low cut on Anna because she really is so thin.  So, we took her dress shopping last weekend to find a dress that she loved and that met our criteria for modesty.  Many of the dresses out there for girls her age seem more appropriate for a 20 year old than an 8 year old.  Anyway - she found the dress that she loved.  So, we decided to get it.  As we were checking out, I noticed something - the trim on the dress is BROWN.  I originally thought it was black.  So, I asked Tim - is that BROWN???  Yes, indeed, it was.  

Well, Anna wanted this dress so I was bound and determined to work with it.  I didn't know what shoes she was going to wear with it.  I began to get immediately frustrated.  We looked for brown shoes and we couldn't find any.... seriously, does NO ONE make brown shoes for little girls anymore?  Everything that we could find was black - even in a boot.

So, my mom and I were going shopping this week and I made it my mission to find her a pair of brown shoes.  After exhausting nearly all of our options, we FINALLY found a pair of brown shoes that were nice.  So... here is a sneak peek of the dress that will be worn to the dance.  My Ms. Anna Clare will look beautiful in it, and I can't wait to share pictures of their big night out!

 the front
 the back
the beautiful, colorful pattern
I remember when she was wearing little sun dresses and mary jane shoes - now she is growing up so fast.  I love the color on her and I love the asymmetrical cut of the bottom..... can't wait to share pictures of their actual night out!

In Christ,
Charity

No comments: