We truly are a family redefined. We are husband, wife, son, daughter, step children, biological and adopted children and most importantly, Children of God.

A friend pointed out that I needed to update my blog header. After our adoption from Ethiopia, I had updated it stating how the adoption of Sara Joy completed our family. Well... the journey continues. After much prayer, we have decided to follow what we feel is God's calling for us...we went to Ghana with the intention of adopting a four year old girl, Isabella Hope. Little did we know that she would be the catalyst to bringing home not only her, but her half brother and sister. We will now be adding not only Isabella Hope to our family, but also Mary Grace (9) and Gilbert (6) who we will transition to the name Nathaniel Timothy. The shock is wearing off and the JOY and EXCITEMENT are overwhelming. Now truly, our family is complete. The great part of journeying with God, is that it's always an adventure. He knows where we are going, and for us it is all a marvelous surprise. Looking forward to sharing our family adventures as we walk daily through life and as we venture off to Ghana to bring home Mary, Nate and Isabella! It's always an adventure redefining our family!



Saturday, January 2, 2010

Biker Chick (and dude aka Cameron)

Today has been a very productive day.  It was a bit chilly here today, so I spent most of the day in the house doing some "spring" cleaning.  I cleaned out closets and gave outgrown coats to House of Hope, we cleaned out the garage and Tim worked in the yard.  We have one area of the back yard that I think was sectioned off for a compost pile.  We never used it.  When we opened the gates and looked inside, it was very overgrown with weeds and stuff... so today, while it was cold, Tim attacked it.  You have to be careful doing stuff like that in warm weather here, because of the poisonous snakes that we have here.  So, Tim got that mostly done today.  The kids were very helpful and played outside, riding bikes.  They cleaned out the truck and basically kept out of trouble today. 

Before all that started this morning though, Tim and I ran out with the kids to do a bit of shopping.  I am having eye surgery in two weeks, and once the surgery is done, I won't be able to wear contacts for awhile.  Also, my glasses will no longer be the appropriate prescription.  So, while I could still see, we decided to go and pick out glasses for me.  That way, once the surgery was done, and I got a new prescription, I would just be able to go and give them the Rx and already have the frames picked out.  I'm really glad I thought to do it in advance, because I would not be able to see a thing if I waited until after the surgery to pick them out.

The kids wanted to run to Target so we did that.  We ran and got Pearl her dog food and we were home for the day. 

While I was in the house cleaning, Cameron and Anna were practicing getting Anna to ride her bike.  She is AWESOME at it now.  Tim and I took all of our stuff to the dump and when we got home, I decided to get some pictures of the kids riding around outside.  Anna decided to go down the subdivision on her bike, and I was able to get a good picture of her riding.  Here are some pictures from today:

Cameron hates this picture, but I like it... and since it's my blog, my pictures and my camera, I get to decided what goes on it.  I win!!!


Here is Cameron rip-sticking and Anna riding the power wing.  Only in the south could you ride stuff like this just one week after Christmas!


Cameron told me to tell everyone he was performing a very complex and difficult "manual" (whatever that is) when he took this graceful spill!  (note the rip stick off to the right bottom of the picture :)


Anna riding her bike down the streets of the subdivision.  I'm so proud of her.  She actually is really good now and can go super far.  By summer she will be ALL OVER the bike trail behind our house!


And finally, a picture of the fam (minus me). 

.
So, that was our day today.  Tomorrow it's church and then getting everyone ready to go back to school.  Actually, it will probably be harder to get me ready to go back to work!

Thankful for a wonderful day with my family (Cameron asked me who says "fam" - apparently I do, but I'm the only one in the world left who says it).

In Christ,
Charity

1 comment:

Lori said...

Feel free to tell Cameron there's at least one other person on the planet who hangs with the fam as well... :)