We truly are a family redefined. We are husband, wife, son, daughter, step children, biological and adopted children and most importantly, Children of God.

A friend pointed out that I needed to update my blog header. After our adoption from Ethiopia, I had updated it stating how the adoption of Sara Joy completed our family. Well... the journey continues. After much prayer, we have decided to follow what we feel is God's calling for us...we went to Ghana with the intention of adopting a four year old girl, Isabella Hope. Little did we know that she would be the catalyst to bringing home not only her, but her half brother and sister. We will now be adding not only Isabella Hope to our family, but also Mary Grace (9) and Gilbert (6) who we will transition to the name Nathaniel Timothy. The shock is wearing off and the JOY and EXCITEMENT are overwhelming. Now truly, our family is complete. The great part of journeying with God, is that it's always an adventure. He knows where we are going, and for us it is all a marvelous surprise. Looking forward to sharing our family adventures as we walk daily through life and as we venture off to Ghana to bring home Mary, Nate and Isabella! It's always an adventure redefining our family!



Saturday, February 27, 2010

Disappeared???

So, it has been some time since I have posted.... many may have thought I have fallen off of the face of the earth - or just simply disappeared.  I was on a "blog-roll" there for awhile, and then I was just done.  Well, here I am back again, so I have neither disappeared nor fallen off the face of the earth.  I simply took a break.  There was too much going on, and I needed to focus my attention on some other things.

First, the adoption.  No news there yet.  We have been on the wait list for over two months now, and I'm hoping to get some sort of update from our agency next week.  I hope it will be some good news.  They do not really like to give out wait times, or where you stand in terms of a waiting line - which I understand - but at the same time, I'd like some information... if nothing more than to appease me :)  We really would like to know our little girl sometime soon.

Our home has seemingly been infested with germs.  I'm not sure why, probably just sinus issues as the weather is changing (and getting warmer which I can't complain about) but we have all been feeling under the weather because of it.  Last night I went to bed at 6:30 and left my poor husband to deal with the children because my head hurt so badly.  I was nearly in tears.  Anna has been sick for the past week with congestion and coughing - and LOUD snoring throughout the night... poor girl.  Cameron has suffered from the sinus headaches and Tim really hasn't been feeling well.  To top it all off, Pearl has taken a really long time to get over her gastro enteritis.  She has been to the vet three times to try to cure it.  Every time I think she is on the mends, she ends up getting sick again.  She is doing well right now, and I'm hoping this is the end of it, but it was just three days ago that she was at the vet again.  Maybe I just need a huge can of Lysol and a couple of days to clean :)

We are struggling with some other more personal issues right now as well.  I don't want to go into the details because right now, I think it is a private issue that probably should not be shared.  Anyway, it involves our little Anna and the issue has been weighing very heavily on my heart.  I know I should not worry, but it has caused me to not sleep well and has really exhausted me emotionally.  It isn't anything that we as a family can not manage, but it's working through the details that has been tough.  I guess you really know just how much you love your children when you are faced with a difficulty and come to the realization that you would do anything in the world for them.  I've known that about my Anna since the first minute I saw her sweet face, but this issue just confirms it.  The love I have for that little girl runs deep.  Very deep.  Almost painfully deep.  She is the little girl I dreamed about since I was 8 years old.  She is the adoption that I knew would happen.  She is the answer to many prayers and dreams fulfilled.  With all that, we are struggling right now.  I'll share more as we know more information, but for now, just pray for our family, and for my little girl.  Pray for Tim and I as her parents, that we have the wisdom to do what is right for our little girl.

One night (or one morning in the wee hours of the morning) when I was not sleeping, I came to the conclusion that I miss cycling.  I need an exercise program that I enjoy and I decided that cycling was it.  So, last weekend I went and bought a road bike.  I picked it up last night.  I got the shoes, the helmit, the bike, the clothes... the whole nine yards.  I'm hoping this will be a nice weekend and I can start my cycling.  If you know me at all, you know that I will overdo it and I probably won't be able to get out of bed on Sunday.  No pain, no gain... all or nothing.  I can't wait to get out on the road again though.  Time to myself, wonderful exercise and relaxation!  Maybe I can ride the distance to Ethiopia before we go and get our little girl.  Maybe that will be my goal!

I'll try to get better at writing again... I've got a lot to share, just not sure right now how to share it.  Oh, and the next post (soon) will have castle pictures.  You will be amazed at what two ten year olds (and my husband) can do!

In Christ,
Charity

2 comments:

Lori said...

Glad to see an update and prayers for you all to recover fully and move with God's discernment.
xoxo

Corinne said...

Good to hear an update. Prayers for you as you know how to help your sweet Anna. I always find that I have a much harder time then my children when they are experiencing difficulties.I am sure it comes from our deep love for our children.