We truly are a family redefined. We are husband, wife, son, daughter, step children, biological and adopted children and most importantly, Children of God.

A friend pointed out that I needed to update my blog header. After our adoption from Ethiopia, I had updated it stating how the adoption of Sara Joy completed our family. Well... the journey continues. After much prayer, we have decided to follow what we feel is God's calling for us...we went to Ghana with the intention of adopting a four year old girl, Isabella Hope. Little did we know that she would be the catalyst to bringing home not only her, but her half brother and sister. We will now be adding not only Isabella Hope to our family, but also Mary Grace (9) and Gilbert (6) who we will transition to the name Nathaniel Timothy. The shock is wearing off and the JOY and EXCITEMENT are overwhelming. Now truly, our family is complete. The great part of journeying with God, is that it's always an adventure. He knows where we are going, and for us it is all a marvelous surprise. Looking forward to sharing our family adventures as we walk daily through life and as we venture off to Ghana to bring home Mary, Nate and Isabella! It's always an adventure redefining our family!



Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Uuuggghhh!

It's been a rough couple of weeks....After my last post, we had a bunch of stuff happen.  We took a trip to see my mom and Denis the weekend before last.  We had a good time visiting with them.  We came home and went to church on Sunday.  Cameron went forward during the invitation to be baptized!  That was WONDERFUL.  He has been struggling with it for some time - he really doesn't like a lot of attention.  But, he did it!  He will be baptized in a few weeks!

The next day, we went to work and auditors showed up at the front gate of our company.  When auditors show up, NOTHING happens other than working with the auditors.  I was in work at 6:00 in the morning and usually not home until after 8:00.  It was crazy!  Talk about being tired!  The good thing is, when the auditors left, we had a spotless audit!  I was thrilled!  This was the first audit I had to handle on my own, and I was so pleased of the outcome!

This past weekend, Cameron was in a bad mood.  The kids were stuck in the house because of freezing rain.  They couldn't go outside and play and they must've gotten a bit of cabin fever.  Cameron has been a bit irritated with his sister lately anyway.  Well, Sunday, he decided enough was enough, and he was leaving  home.  Now, I can talk about this now, but at the time, it kinda hurt.  I knew Cameron wasn't leaving, but it hurt to hear him say that he wanted to.  He was going to take his cell phone and his wallet (which has a grand total of $40 in it) and he was leaving.  He was quite disappointed when I told him that he could not take the phone because we pay for it.  So, he volunteered to give me $20 to pay for his phone for the next two months - that way he could take the phone.  Smart kid... but I don't think so.  I asked him where he was going, and he was going to live at his friend's house.  I asked him if he thought his friend's mom was just going to come and pick him up and he said no.  He knows where his friend lives.  I asked him where that was, and he said it was near the bakery.  That is like 10 miles from our house.  And Cameron was going to WALK there in the freezing rain!  Obviously my son decided to stay at home and he is now living happily again.  It was actually kinda funny.  I think that happens to most 10 years old.  I think they all threaten to run away from home at some time.  Cameron is a great kid - I'm sure it is just "growing pains".

Today, I had to take my baby to the doctor.  My baby, baby.  My little Pearl.  We went to the vet this morning because she has been throwing up for three days.  She was up all last night throwing up every two hours.  Poor baby.  When I got her to the vet today, she was dehydrated and had blood in her stool.  Poor baby.  The worst part is, that they had to keep her.  They needed to get fluids and antibiotics in her.  You have to understand that Pearl is not like every other dog.  She is with me 24 / 7 and she does not like being away from me in a room let alone being completely separated from me.  And I don't necessarily like being separated from her either.  She is my eyes (and she is a sweet little dog).  The vet said they are going to have to keep her for a couple of days.  If she is not feeling better tomorrow after antibiotics today then they will have to run X-rays tomorrow.  I hope my little girl is alright!

So, it's been kinda an exciting couple of weeks.  I think I need a nap!

In Christ,
Charity

1 comment:

Corinne said...

Congrats on Cameron moving forward with baptism. That is always a wonderful event! In regards to having a ten year old wanting to run away you are not the only one!On a couple of those occations I try to give some extra TLC and make their favorite dinner and deseret.They have never gone very far past the front door.Sometimes it is just hard to be a kid when they are starting to seek and want their independence. As for Pearl, sure hope she is feeling better soon!She sure sounds like such a wonderful gift of sight and companionship.