We truly are a family redefined. We are husband, wife, son, daughter, step children, biological and adopted children and most importantly, Children of God.

A friend pointed out that I needed to update my blog header. After our adoption from Ethiopia, I had updated it stating how the adoption of Sara Joy completed our family. Well... the journey continues. After much prayer, we have decided to follow what we feel is God's calling for us...we went to Ghana with the intention of adopting a four year old girl, Isabella Hope. Little did we know that she would be the catalyst to bringing home not only her, but her half brother and sister. We will now be adding not only Isabella Hope to our family, but also Mary Grace (9) and Gilbert (6) who we will transition to the name Nathaniel Timothy. The shock is wearing off and the JOY and EXCITEMENT are overwhelming. Now truly, our family is complete. The great part of journeying with God, is that it's always an adventure. He knows where we are going, and for us it is all a marvelous surprise. Looking forward to sharing our family adventures as we walk daily through life and as we venture off to Ghana to bring home Mary, Nate and Isabella! It's always an adventure redefining our family!



Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Birthday

So... if you are friends with me on Faceb0ok you will know what my birthday wish was.  My birthday was this past Wednesday.  Exactly two weeks to the day since we first learned of our Sara Joy.  Well, the only thing I wanted for my birthday (besides time with my family) was for us to hear something about a court date.  Well, that didn't happen.  We did not hear about a court date for our Sara Joy yet.  Just the opposite, we were told it may take some time to hear.  I reminded myself to be patient.

I did have a wonderful birthday though.  Tim and the kids always make my birthday very special.  We have decided as a family to do more "making" of things, than "buying" of things.  Granted, we still buy one another a gift, but we have decided that home made cards are better and so are home made cakes.  The birthday person gets to choose, or have the baker choose... either way.  We started this with Tim's birthday and this was my first birthday of the hand made card and cake.  It was 100 times better than having a store-bought card that someone signed their name to and a cake that took about 10 seconds to pick up.  Each of the hand made items were made with such care.  Tim picked the cake and he made me a lemon pound cake.  It was wonderful.  We took the extra into work and our fellow colleagues got to enjoy some as well. 

Cameron was in charge of making the card.  I will scan it and post it when I have a chance.  Even if you have a heart made of stone, it will melt you heart.  It was precious.  I will frame this card and keep it forever.  I won't ruin it by sharing some of the words with you... I'm sure I would get some of it wrong... I will wait until I figure out how to upload the scan and you can read it on your own!  It is truly wonderful.  He did an awesome job.  I think those two things meant more to me than anything.

I got to choose our place for dinner with the family and I decided on Olive Garden.  The kids like it and both Tim and I like it, so I thought why not pick some place we ALL like rather than just somewhere I like.  We had a good time out together as a family.

When we came home, I opened my gifts.  I got a beautiful necklace from Tim and Anna.  I'll have to share a picture of that as well.  It is modeled after the gates in Charleston, SC.  Very beautiful and intricate details!  Cameron picked out a beautiful journal for me.  I love writing and wanted a special journal to keep track of this very special time in the life of our family.  He also got me two dark chocolate raspberry Godiva candy bars... yummmm!

Since my birthday things have been busy.  Pearl has decided she needs to eat more and has decided to eat paper and pony tail holders.  After about a day of trying to digest it, she threw it up while she was at work with me.  Nice.  The truck had an issue and we had to take that in.  A nice chunk of change later and it is back running like new.  Tomorrow we go to Carowinds with the kids for our work family day.  Sunday we move all the furniture in the main floor of the house to have our floors sanded and refinished.  Monday, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Friday next week the floors will be in various stages of being finished.  I will stay at a friend's house the first part of the week then on Thursday I leave for my mom's (where the kids are staying for the week) to be with Cameron to celebrate his birthday.  Hopefully sometime next week our house will be back in order, our floors will be done, my fridge will no longer be in the den and we can have a functioning kitchen again.  In the meantime, life is not going to be fun.

Oh yeah, forgot that we need to take the kittens to the vet to get their stitches out too... hopefully we will have time for that at some point!

It's about ready to storm and I would love nothing more than to open the front door and watch it rain....

Love from SC,
In Christ,
Charity

No comments: