We truly are a family redefined. We are husband, wife, son, daughter, step children, biological and adopted children and most importantly, Children of God.

A friend pointed out that I needed to update my blog header. After our adoption from Ethiopia, I had updated it stating how the adoption of Sara Joy completed our family. Well... the journey continues. After much prayer, we have decided to follow what we feel is God's calling for us...we went to Ghana with the intention of adopting a four year old girl, Isabella Hope. Little did we know that she would be the catalyst to bringing home not only her, but her half brother and sister. We will now be adding not only Isabella Hope to our family, but also Mary Grace (9) and Gilbert (6) who we will transition to the name Nathaniel Timothy. The shock is wearing off and the JOY and EXCITEMENT are overwhelming. Now truly, our family is complete. The great part of journeying with God, is that it's always an adventure. He knows where we are going, and for us it is all a marvelous surprise. Looking forward to sharing our family adventures as we walk daily through life and as we venture off to Ghana to bring home Mary, Nate and Isabella! It's always an adventure redefining our family!



Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

This Father's Day is a very special one for Tim and for our family.  This Father's Day Tim gets to celebrate knowing the face of his new daughter.  I'm sure that is a very special feeling for him.  The other day he said something about "our second daughter" and that just made chills run down my spine.  We finally know her name and we finally know her face!

I want to wish Tim a very happy father's day this year.  I hope he has a wonderful day with his family.  He is very deserving of a special Father's Day.  He is a wonderful dad and also a wonderful step-dad.  Tim's boys, Cameron and Anna (and Sara) are very lucky to have him for a father.  I personally don't know of many men (although I know they are out there) who would take on full responsibility for his step-son; who would not only take on the responsibility of another daughter (Anna) but legally adopt her as his own as well.  And then to agree to travel around the world to adopt yet another little girl... it's amazing.  He is a wonderful example of a father.

I have a hard time with Father's Day every year now that my own dad has passed away.  This is the 10th Father's Day I have had without my dad.  It still hurts.  I really loved my dad and I miss him a lot.  He never got to meet my Anna, he barely got to meet Cameron and he will never know of our Sara.... until we all meet again in Heaven.  I'm looking forward to that day!

Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful fathers out there!  I hope you all have a great day!

In Christ,
Charity

3 comments:

Paula said...

Sounds like you got a keeper. :)

Gina said...

Hi there! I am also adopting through hope and my son is 14 months old as well. I am waiting on a court date right now. Are you going through nightlight? My son's name is yoseph. What is your daughter weari g in the photos on snapfish? I am sure they are in the same room. He is at the big kid house now in room A. Would love to get to know you. Hope you get a court date soon!
Gina :)

Becky said...

I enjoy reading your blog and I can completely relate to your admiration of your husband. My husband is a wonderful step father to three children, daddy to almost 6 bios and 4 adopted from Ethiopia. Isn't it wonderful to be married to such selfless men? Such a blessing! I'll be praying for your daughter you are waiting for in Ethiopia. What an exciting time!