We truly are a family redefined. We are husband, wife, son, daughter, step children, biological and adopted children and most importantly, Children of God.

A friend pointed out that I needed to update my blog header. After our adoption from Ethiopia, I had updated it stating how the adoption of Sara Joy completed our family. Well... the journey continues. After much prayer, we have decided to follow what we feel is God's calling for us...we went to Ghana with the intention of adopting a four year old girl, Isabella Hope. Little did we know that she would be the catalyst to bringing home not only her, but her half brother and sister. We will now be adding not only Isabella Hope to our family, but also Mary Grace (9) and Gilbert (6) who we will transition to the name Nathaniel Timothy. The shock is wearing off and the JOY and EXCITEMENT are overwhelming. Now truly, our family is complete. The great part of journeying with God, is that it's always an adventure. He knows where we are going, and for us it is all a marvelous surprise. Looking forward to sharing our family adventures as we walk daily through life and as we venture off to Ghana to bring home Mary, Nate and Isabella! It's always an adventure redefining our family!



Saturday, November 27, 2010

So Thankful

There are so many things for me to be thankful for this Thanksgiving weekend.  This post is a couple days late in coming, but  I felt my time was better spent with my family making memories than trying to write my thoughts on this blog.  The blog could wait... my family could not! 

I am SO very thankful that Sara is home with us for Thanksgiving.  She is such a joy to our family and I love her more and more every day.  She has bonded so well.  She is such a happy little girl!  Seriously, ALWAYS happy.  The only time she gets a bit crabby is when she is tired.  And she doesn't really get crabby, she just gets emotional.  If you tell her no to something, she will start to cry.  Normally, she will just understand that she can't do whatever we told her "no" to, and move on.  When she is tired, she will cry. 

I'm very thankful for my family.  I'm thankful for Tim, Cameron and Anna - along with my little Sara.  We had a really nice Thanksgiving dinner with my mom and Denis.  We traveled over to their home and spent the day with them.  It was very nice.  Mom and Denis got to spend some time getting to know Sara and we got to spend time talking and catching up on things.  It was very nice.

I'm thankful for the God who saved me.  He has blessed my life in so many ways, the greatest of which is to allow me to spend eternity with Him.  You really couldn't ask for more.  I'm thankful for the husband He provided for me and the children He blessed me with. 

I'm thankful for my job.  A bit hard to say right now, but since I still have one, I'm thankful for it.  For Tim and I, this is the company that has provided for our family for the last 7 years for me and 10 years for Tim.  It's hard to not be thankful for that.  I don't know what company we will be working for in the future, but for now, we continue to work for Roche, and I continue to be thankful.

For an update on Ms. Sara - she is doing absolutely wonderful.  She has been with us now for almost 4 weeks.  She is nearly potty trained when it comes to #2.  She does not tell me when she has to go, but I know her schedule, and I have not had to change a dirty diaper in three weeks!  What a blessing that is!  She is very good at listening to what we tell her to do in English.  She is not saying very many English words, but she is learning them quickly. She can now say "mama", "dada", "baby", "light" and "doggie".  She also learned to give kisses today.  She now has to kiss me about 100 times an hour.  I love it!  She LOVES to go for walks and loves to play rough.  She sleeps like an absolute charm.  You never hear a peep out of her after you put her to bed.  She is still extremely shy in new situations.  She warms up to people quickly though.  She likes grandma and Denis and loves, loves, loves her brother and sister!

Cameron and Anna have adjusted easily to having a new family member.  They really love her.  She is the perfect fit into our family.

Sometimes I look at Sara and the three years it took us to get her and I'm a bit overwhelmed.  God's plan was perfect!!!  I said it all along, but now I can SEE that it really was.  I can not imagine not having Sara in our lives.  I'm so thankful.  Adoption is such a miracle.  It's all God!

Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours!

In Christ,
Charity

1 comment:

Lori said...

Been thinking about you...with all that's going on....keeping you in my prayers and so thankful your sweet little Sara Joy is home too!
xoxoxo