We truly are a family redefined. We are husband, wife, son, daughter, step children, biological and adopted children and most importantly, Children of God.

A friend pointed out that I needed to update my blog header. After our adoption from Ethiopia, I had updated it stating how the adoption of Sara Joy completed our family. Well... the journey continues. After much prayer, we have decided to follow what we feel is God's calling for us...we went to Ghana with the intention of adopting a four year old girl, Isabella Hope. Little did we know that she would be the catalyst to bringing home not only her, but her half brother and sister. We will now be adding not only Isabella Hope to our family, but also Mary Grace (9) and Gilbert (6) who we will transition to the name Nathaniel Timothy. The shock is wearing off and the JOY and EXCITEMENT are overwhelming. Now truly, our family is complete. The great part of journeying with God, is that it's always an adventure. He knows where we are going, and for us it is all a marvelous surprise. Looking forward to sharing our family adventures as we walk daily through life and as we venture off to Ghana to bring home Mary, Nate and Isabella! It's always an adventure redefining our family!



Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Pearl and Shadow

I promised a friend of mine a picture of Pearl and the kittens.  Mocha was not being very cooperative.  Shadow on the other hand has gotten very comfortable with Pearl and her things.  Shadow drinks out of Pearl's water bowl.  When it's dinner time for Pearl, Shadow runs up to the bowl and takes a few pieces out for herself to play with.  Pearl promptly eats them and goes back to the bowl, but does not chase Shadow away.  Today I was home from work, not feeling very well, and I looked over and Shadow had taken up residence on Pearl's mat. 

I almost took her off, because truly, this is Pearl's space.  Pearl is a working dog and has to have a place to call her own, to be near me, but be comfortable.  Pearl sleeps on this mat every night.  So, I almost took Shadow off, but then I noticed that Pearl didn't really seem to mind her being there.  In fact, maybe she wanted her there. 

The funny part was that Shadow took Pearl's favorite place.  Pearl's favorite place is in the corner by the dresser.  Well, that is where Shadow decided to make her place.  Here are some pictures of my little ones together.






Aren't they the sweetest little things?  Ok, so they are not snuggling...not quite yet, but they are sharing space. 

I'll get some pictures of Mocha, but right now she is napping under the bed - not the best photo opportunity :)

In Christ,
Charity

2 comments:

Heather said...

Love it!

Hope you are feeling better today!
Love ya!

Veronica said...

Oh, your photos of the new kittens, and of Pearl, just make me smile! How adorable!

I had a Persian, a tortie, named Pebbles, for 12 years. She was like my first baby! They really are great cats.