We truly are a family redefined. We are husband, wife, son, daughter, step children, biological and adopted children and most importantly, Children of God.

A friend pointed out that I needed to update my blog header. After our adoption from Ethiopia, I had updated it stating how the adoption of Sara Joy completed our family. Well... the journey continues. After much prayer, we have decided to follow what we feel is God's calling for us...we went to Ghana with the intention of adopting a four year old girl, Isabella Hope. Little did we know that she would be the catalyst to bringing home not only her, but her half brother and sister. We will now be adding not only Isabella Hope to our family, but also Mary Grace (9) and Gilbert (6) who we will transition to the name Nathaniel Timothy. The shock is wearing off and the JOY and EXCITEMENT are overwhelming. Now truly, our family is complete. The great part of journeying with God, is that it's always an adventure. He knows where we are going, and for us it is all a marvelous surprise. Looking forward to sharing our family adventures as we walk daily through life and as we venture off to Ghana to bring home Mary, Nate and Isabella! It's always an adventure redefining our family!



Saturday, April 24, 2010

Swirling thoughts

It's starting to feel like summer here in SC!  I have been so looking forward to this time, and it's finally here.  The family and I have been out working in the yard, cycling, walking the bike trail - lots of outdoor things.  The kids are still playing soccer and are enjoying that!

So, we have passed the four month mark in terms of the wait for the referral of our little girl.  It's beginning to get pretty difficult just waiting.  Many things are changing in the adoption world, and while all those things are going on, we sit here waiting... wondering... when will our Sara Joy come home?  Sometimes I think I am so stupid for having done her room.  There are days when I think she will never come home.  There are days when I think "why spend any more money, why put any more emotional investment into it, why not just QUIT?  It has been THREE YEARS for goodness sake... give it up already".  Those days pass though.  Unfortunately they creep back in every once in awhile.

When I look in Sara's room, it makes my heart warm.  I think of the little girl who I will be so thankful for being able to bring home, to her room.  She will be worth the wait.  It's a daily struggle though.  Tim and I could have had three biological children in the time we have spent trying to adopt one.  We could have switched up our path forward and adopt a child domestically and have a child in our home by now.  God has my feet firmly planted though - in Ethiopia - even while my mind wanders.  Unless Ethiopia leaves us (the country closes) we will not be leaving Ethiopia.  My Sara Joy is there!  So, we continue the wait....and wait... and wait.  I can't wait until our wait is over (and then on to Nate and the wait will start all over again.... :)

While we wait, Tim and I have been thinking about some changes for our life.  We are throwing around the idea again of selling the house and building on a larger lot - more in the country.  It would be closer to work, and no further from the kids' school.  Tim is going to crunch the numbers and see what we might want to do.  We are looking at a 6 acre lot, which will be very nice.  I've been looking at house plans to see what we might want to build.  Just something we are throwing around. 

Tim is thinking about getting his Masters Degree.  It would be a great opportunity for him.  He would have to travel a bit in order to do it, but I think it would be worth it for him.  So, while we are thinking about that, we have also considered getting a second car.  That way, we could buy a used one, put the miles on it, and keep some miles off of the Expedition.  I think we are going to go look at one today.  One of my colleagues has a car for sale and I think it would be a great deal and perfect for us.  We'll see after Tim goes to take a look at it though.  Even if Tim doesn't do the Master's program - which I think he will - it will still be good for us to have a second car, just to drive back and forth to work when we don't need all the space of the Expedition.  It will save us on gas as well.  Even though I can't drive, it's good to have two cars at the house.

We have been visiting churches around the area the past few weeks.  We don't have an issue with our church, but we also are looking for different opportunities to serve for myself and Tim.  We are headed back to a church this weekend and I think it may be the church that our family lands in.  The kids like it so far and Tim and I like it as well.  I think it will provide service opportunities for myself and Tim - and that is really what we are looking for.  The people have been very friendly.  It's different than the church we have been attending, but different isn't always bad.  We'll see where we land.  The most important thing is that they preach the truth of the gospel.. and so far, that's all we've heard :)

Tim has the kids at soccer this morning (and it's raining... sorry Tim!!!).  We were hoping to work out in the yard, so maybe the rain will stop!  We had a great family evening last night.  We decided at the last minute to pick up a quick dinner and then take the kids to see "How to tame your dragon".  It was a real cute movie - and both of the kids liked it.  We had a good time together.  Unfortunately Cameron had a sore throat all evening, and again this morning... I'm hoping he is not getting strep throat... we'll have to wait and see.

In Christ,
Charity

1 comment:

Lori said...

I hate that stupid spam commenting!

ANYWAY...I am SO glad you have decorated Sara Joy's room!! Don't feel one bit bad about it. You did it because you know she'll use it one day and I'm glad you have that faith. I keep telling myself that if we are blessed with a brother or sister, I will not let my fears of it not happening take away the joy that comes from preparing for another child.

You keep preparing! Love!