We truly are a family redefined. We are husband, wife, son, daughter, step children, biological and adopted children and most importantly, Children of God.

A friend pointed out that I needed to update my blog header. After our adoption from Ethiopia, I had updated it stating how the adoption of Sara Joy completed our family. Well... the journey continues. After much prayer, we have decided to follow what we feel is God's calling for us...we went to Ghana with the intention of adopting a four year old girl, Isabella Hope. Little did we know that she would be the catalyst to bringing home not only her, but her half brother and sister. We will now be adding not only Isabella Hope to our family, but also Mary Grace (9) and Gilbert (6) who we will transition to the name Nathaniel Timothy. The shock is wearing off and the JOY and EXCITEMENT are overwhelming. Now truly, our family is complete. The great part of journeying with God, is that it's always an adventure. He knows where we are going, and for us it is all a marvelous surprise. Looking forward to sharing our family adventures as we walk daily through life and as we venture off to Ghana to bring home Mary, Nate and Isabella! It's always an adventure redefining our family!



Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sara's room and football

Our family had quite the busy weekend this weekend. We had Cameron's football game Saturday morning - but before that, we tried to get a little shopping in. We made it to Kohl's and Target looking for a bedspread for Sara's room. We were having a very difficult time, seeing as how I decided to paint the room prior to finding a bedspread for it. Again, if anyone would like some room decorating advice, NEVER - I repeat NEVER paint a room prior to finding a bedspread that matches it. I don't care how much you love the paint :) What a chore that was! Not only that, but I had it in my mind that I wanted a bedspread with dragonflies on it. When I told Tim that, I think he doubled over in laughter. We would be lucky to find something that matched the walls period - not to mention narrowing our selection even further because I wanted DRAGONFLIES on it. Needless to say, the dragonflies did not happen! But we did find a nice bedspread for Sara's room. I also wanted to put her name up over her bed. We found these letters and I thought they were just perfect for a little girl's room. Sara's bedspread has polka dots on it, on one part, in various colors, and I'm contemplating putting polka dots on the letters. I may just do one, see how it looks, and if I don't like it, then I will just replace that one letter. I think it might be cute though. I've still got LOTS more room decorating to do, but here is our start of the room. We are picking up a lamp tonight, and a mirror for above the short dresser (which is not in any of these pictures). In the end it will turn out very nice. I'm not decided as of yet what I'm going to do about curtains. It will take me some time to decide on a color, or to go with just white.Cameron had a flag football game on Saturday, so we were all out at that. They don't really keep score during flag football (although Tim and Neil who are helping coach report a score each week and have declared the team undefeated). Cameron's team won again this week. Cameron is really developing some good football skills from playing both regular tackle for "B" team at school and playing flag football as well. Plus, it is a lot of good exercise. I didn't get any really good pictures of the game, but here is a great picture of Pearl watching the game. She looks thrilled, doesn't she?
Tim leaves for Basel this weekend, so we will be spending some time this week getting ready for him to leave. He is there for a week, home for a week, back to Basel for a week, home for a week and then I leave for Basel for a week. Fun travels at the Roach household! Tim doesn't mind the travel.....personally, I could do without it!

This weekend we are having Neil and Heather over after the kids' football game. It should be a lot of fun. We always have a good time with them!

I contacted our social worker today to see where we are with our home study. I'm getting very anxious with the holidays coming up, and the delays that will cause - I'd really like to get everything done soon! I know we will have to wait on immigration approval, but I'd just like one more thing to check off of our list to get done! Hopefully I will hear some positive news back from her today! Please keep us in your prayers as we try our way through this process again!

In Christ,
Charity

No comments: