We truly are a family redefined. We are husband, wife, son, daughter, step children, biological and adopted children and most importantly, Children of God.

A friend pointed out that I needed to update my blog header. After our adoption from Ethiopia, I had updated it stating how the adoption of Sara Joy completed our family. Well... the journey continues. After much prayer, we have decided to follow what we feel is God's calling for us...we went to Ghana with the intention of adopting a four year old girl, Isabella Hope. Little did we know that she would be the catalyst to bringing home not only her, but her half brother and sister. We will now be adding not only Isabella Hope to our family, but also Mary Grace (9) and Gilbert (6) who we will transition to the name Nathaniel Timothy. The shock is wearing off and the JOY and EXCITEMENT are overwhelming. Now truly, our family is complete. The great part of journeying with God, is that it's always an adventure. He knows where we are going, and for us it is all a marvelous surprise. Looking forward to sharing our family adventures as we walk daily through life and as we venture off to Ghana to bring home Mary, Nate and Isabella! It's always an adventure redefining our family!



Monday, October 5, 2009

Strange virus???

Cameron woke up feeling terrible yesterday. We were getting ready for church and he came downstairs and said that his head hurt really bad. So, I got him some tylenol and mucinex and while I was giving that to him, I felt his back. He felt very warm. I checked his temperature and sure enough, he was running a temp of 101.5. The tylenol kicked in for awhile, but then wore off and the fever shot up to 103. More tylenol... most of the day he ran a fever of 101.5 even with the tylenol in him. I'm not sure what he had, but he was miserable. He wasn't complaining of anything, except the fever. He was very tired and slept most of the day (probably due to running the high fever) and ate next to nothing all day. The only thing he wanted was strawberries. So, we got him some of those, but he didn't even eat many of those.

This morning he is doing well. His fever appears to be gone and his appetite seems to be back. Not sure what was running though him, but I am glad it appears to be gone, and I hope it doesn't come back! I guess this is a great opportunity in disguise for Cameron and I to spend some time home alone, just me and him!

Adoption update: I am going to contact the FBI today to see where our fingerpriints are for our criminal background check. This is the only thing I have left to complete. I have everything else done! Hopefully our homestudy will be done soon and we can then send off for our I-171H. A special thank you to everyone who has helped us get all of our paperwork done so quickly. From our ever-present notary, to friends who wrote reference letters, to our guardians, to work people who filled out employment documents.... thank you all for helping us get moving so quickly! Hopefully Tim and I will get immigration approval quickly and we can be on our way!!!

In Christ,
Charity

No comments: