We truly are a family redefined. We are husband, wife, son, daughter, step children, biological and adopted children and most importantly, Children of God.

A friend pointed out that I needed to update my blog header. After our adoption from Ethiopia, I had updated it stating how the adoption of Sara Joy completed our family. Well... the journey continues. After much prayer, we have decided to follow what we feel is God's calling for us...we went to Ghana with the intention of adopting a four year old girl, Isabella Hope. Little did we know that she would be the catalyst to bringing home not only her, but her half brother and sister. We will now be adding not only Isabella Hope to our family, but also Mary Grace (9) and Gilbert (6) who we will transition to the name Nathaniel Timothy. The shock is wearing off and the JOY and EXCITEMENT are overwhelming. Now truly, our family is complete. The great part of journeying with God, is that it's always an adventure. He knows where we are going, and for us it is all a marvelous surprise. Looking forward to sharing our family adventures as we walk daily through life and as we venture off to Ghana to bring home Mary, Nate and Isabella! It's always an adventure redefining our family!



Saturday, October 3, 2009

Why not???

Before I get into the reason for this title, I want to share about the glorious day we had today. I blogged earlier about our friends Heather and Neil. (well, I think I called them H and N before, but they wouldn't care if I named them now, I'm sure). Anyway, their son plays football with Cameron and we decided that we would get together the two families for a cookout after today's game.

So, we had a jam-packed morning. I said I would bring a fresh baked apple pie for dessert. So, I got up at about 5:30 this morning to make it. It tasted delicious and was well worth the early hour of getting up to make it. Tim took Anna to cheerleading and I took Cameron and Hamilton up the road with me to take Pearl to the Vet. After that, we came home, waited for Tim to come back, and then Tim and I ran up to CVS to get passport pictures for our dossier. Then it was time to go to Cameron's game.

I met up with Heather at the game and we had a great time watching the game and chatting. We always have a good laugh! The boys won their game and then we headed over to Heather and Neil's house. We had a wonderful time. (if you ever read this Heather, know that we had a blast and have quickly grown to love your family :) We had a great dinner together and had fun watching the kids play and just getting to know one another better. Next time, it is at our home.

On the way home from their home though, I was thinking about Sara and how I wished that she was there with us. I wondered what she was doing right now..... or if she even IS right now. She could not even be born yet for all I know. Anyway, I was thinking about her. I think about all the kids in orphanages often. Tim and I will go and will love and care for one more, but we can't love and care for them all. What about the rest?

Lots of churches have orphan ministries, and I always wondered why ours could not have one. I wished someone would do something... put something together - if for nothing more than to raise awareness of all of the orphans in the world... knowing darn well we can't adopt them all... what more can we do. In my mind, there is so much more we can do, I just need to find an avenue to do it. How I wish someone would start something at our church. I wish someone would raise the idea. I wish someone would start an organization. I wish I could contribute... then for a fleeting second, I thought "Why can't that person be me?" Someone has to do it. Why am I waiting for someone else? Maybe there are a lot of someone's waiting for me.

I am not sure if I have it in me right now, but maybe I do. I don't know. It will definitely be something that I pray about. I will pray that God clearly shows my heart what needs to be done... what more I could do. I'm just glad I finally got to the point of questioning myself.... why wait for others? Why not me?

In Christ,
Charity

No comments: