We truly are a family redefined. We are husband, wife, son, daughter, step children, biological and adopted children and most importantly, Children of God.

A friend pointed out that I needed to update my blog header. After our adoption from Ethiopia, I had updated it stating how the adoption of Sara Joy completed our family. Well... the journey continues. After much prayer, we have decided to follow what we feel is God's calling for us...we went to Ghana with the intention of adopting a four year old girl, Isabella Hope. Little did we know that she would be the catalyst to bringing home not only her, but her half brother and sister. We will now be adding not only Isabella Hope to our family, but also Mary Grace (9) and Gilbert (6) who we will transition to the name Nathaniel Timothy. The shock is wearing off and the JOY and EXCITEMENT are overwhelming. Now truly, our family is complete. The great part of journeying with God, is that it's always an adventure. He knows where we are going, and for us it is all a marvelous surprise. Looking forward to sharing our family adventures as we walk daily through life and as we venture off to Ghana to bring home Mary, Nate and Isabella! It's always an adventure redefining our family!



Saturday, October 10, 2009

A Sweet Surprise

I got a surprise yesterday that I thought was very sweet. Tim and I were at work and it got to the end of the day, and I was right in the middle of a project, so I called Tim and asked him if he would mind picking up the kids and bringing them back out to work. We don't bring the kids out there often, but I needed just a little extra time to get some things done. Plus, part of my "project" was cleaning out old files out of my file cabinets, making room for new stuff. I must have had about 150 binders that I needed the papers pulled out of and put into recycle, and the binders thrown away. I thought it was something that the kids would be thrilled to help me with. They usually like coming into work if I give them a project to help me with.

So, Tim was going to go pick up the kids. He said he needed to stop and drop something off in my office before he went though. Probably just another qualification book for me to review over the weekend :( It was not that at all... instead it was a beautiful pearl necklace and earrings :) I have been wanting a pearl necklace and earrings for quite some time. Tim said that I would get them when I least expected it. I really did not expect them yesterday! They are beautiful. I have a beautiful black dress that I wore to a wedding some time ago, and I had commented on how a pearl necklace and earrings would look great with that dress. I will wear it to church tomorrow and will post a picture. They are really nice! That was my sweet surprise. It was a nice pick me up to end a very tiring week.

Nothing new right now on the adoption front. We are waiting for our fingerprint clearance for FBI criminal background check. We are two weeks into our home study report wait. Hopefully we will get that soon. Tim leaves next weekend for Basel and then he is gone one week, home a week, gone a week again to Basel, he is home a week and then I leave for Basel for a week. So, there is not a whole lot of time in there for us to get things done. Uuuggghhh! I have to keep reminding myself that this is GOD'S timing, and not mine!

Today we are headed out to Cameron's football game. We are also going to go shopping for a bedspread for Sara's room. Hopefully I will find something that matches the paint I put on the walls :) Mental note... as much as you like a paint color, it might be nice to find matching bedding before you put it on the walls! Live and learn. I have never done that before where I had to find bedding to match paint - I normally do it the other way around... but this time I just feel in love with the fresh guacamole paint color. Now I just hope I can find the bedspread! I'm also getting "Sara Joy" letters to put over her bed. I really want to do the room in dragonflies. We'll see what I am able to find. Wish me luck!

It'll be a busy day today, but hopefully we will get lots accomplished!

In Christ,
Charity

No comments: