The next post on this blog will hopefully be from Ethiopia. I was thinking that the next post would contain the "much anticipated" pictures of our Sara Joy, but probably the next post will be after our Monday visit with her. We won't be able to post pictures yet at that point. But let me tell you - the post on Tuesday... assuming we pass court... will be FULL of pictures! I really can't wait to share this little girl with the world. Her world, which has been so small to date - will suddenly become very large - and she won't even know it. The little girl who has been in the orphanage her entire life, will suddenly be a daughter, a grandaughter and a sister - to a family completely on the other side of the world.
The kids are getting excited. Cameron has plans for the weekend, which is good. It will keep his mind occupied and keep him and Anna from fighting all weekend. Anna will spend time with my mom and Denis getting some one on one attention until Cameron comes home Sunday late afternoon. I'm hoping they won't miss us too much. I actually think I'm more worried about myself than I am about them. I know they will be fine. They will be spoiled rotten by grandma and Denis. I'll be the one missing them! I'm sure my mind will be occupied as well though.
I can't believe that tomorrow night I will pack (yes, the evening before we leave) and then Saturday morning we will leave. It has been SUCH a long time in coming. If I could ask for prayer, here are the specific things I would appreciate prayer for:
1. Safe travel for Tim and I. We will leave Saturday morning and get in Ethiopia Sunday evening.
2. Pray for the kids - that they are safe while we are away and that they don't miss us too much. Please pray especially for Anna as she has difficulty when I am away.
3. Pray for our first meeting with Sara. Please pray that she is healthy and that God has prepared her heart for our family and for this adventure.
4. Pray for our court date on Tuesday. I'm not sure what time we will be in court - but when it is official, you will probably hear the celebrating all the way back in the states! I hope I don't wake you with my celebrating :)
5. Please pray for me - for having to leave my daughter and come home without her. It is seriously going to break this mom's heart. We will leave Ethiopia late Thursday night, so I'm sure we will see her Thursday afternoon and that is it.
6. Please pray for our safe travel home. We leave at about 10:00 pm Ethiopia time and we will be back home some time late Friday afternoon.
7. Please pray that God just carries us through the last stages of this process. My nerves are on edge. I'm anxious. I'm leaving work at a very bad time and I'm worried about that. I know it is all in God's hands - but I'm a control freak and the timing is causing me issues (maybe God trying to teach me a lesson :) Pray things go smoothly at work while I am away. We have a very important audit next week and I would really like for it to go well.
It's getting close......next update (likely) from Ethiopia. Unless of-course I can't sleep tomorrow night and feel the need to write.
Soon to be a mom to three!!!!
Cameron Jacob 11 yrs.
Anna Clare AiYi 7 yrs.
soon to be Sara Joy Edom 17 months!!!!