We truly are a family redefined. We are husband, wife, son, daughter, step children, biological and adopted children and most importantly, Children of God.

A friend pointed out that I needed to update my blog header. After our adoption from Ethiopia, I had updated it stating how the adoption of Sara Joy completed our family. Well... the journey continues. After much prayer, we have decided to follow what we feel is God's calling for us...we went to Ghana with the intention of adopting a four year old girl, Isabella Hope. Little did we know that she would be the catalyst to bringing home not only her, but her half brother and sister. We will now be adding not only Isabella Hope to our family, but also Mary Grace (9) and Gilbert (6) who we will transition to the name Nathaniel Timothy. The shock is wearing off and the JOY and EXCITEMENT are overwhelming. Now truly, our family is complete. The great part of journeying with God, is that it's always an adventure. He knows where we are going, and for us it is all a marvelous surprise. Looking forward to sharing our family adventures as we walk daily through life and as we venture off to Ghana to bring home Mary, Nate and Isabella! It's always an adventure redefining our family!



Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Anna Clare and adoption update!

Today is the big day. My baby girl turns 6 today! I'm so proud of that little girl. She is such a doll baby! She got up this morning and popped right out of bed. We stopped yesterday at the bakery and ordered cupcakes for her class, so this morning we had to stop and pick them up. She was so thrilled to be taking cupcakes to her class! Tonight we will have a dinner celebration with her - she decided she wanted to go to Olive Garden, so we will take her there. Then we will go home and have some cake and she will open her presents. I hope she loves her gifts! My Anna has been home with me almost 5 years now and what a blessing she has been for those five years! (Since I didn't get to post this until this evening, here are some pictures of the festivities)
Anna's choice for dinner
Anna at Olive Garden
After dinner we went home and Anna opened up her birthday gifts:
It was the year of the barbie for Anna
Barbie's Beach buggy
Pearl wasn't real thrilled with the festivities
Her beautiful church dress (I'll post a picture of her in it soon)
Case to put Barbie, Ken and all of their clothes in.

I think Anna had a really nice birthday.
On another note, we are really moving with regard to our adoption paperwork. I talked to our agency yesterday and asked about scheduling a home study, and they are ready to do it - on September 26th! Just 10 days away! I'm thrilled that they will be able to do it for us so quickly. That will be one more thing out of the way and one step closer to our daughter. We are working on our educational requirements. I bought some books that they suggested would be beneficial for us to read. We will get to reading those. I have to schedule a medical exam for the kids. I'll try to get that scheduled for next week when Tim is taking a bit of time off. We will need to go and get locally fingerprinted, I think. I know we have to do the fingerprinting for immigration approval, but I think we may have to do it locally as well. I will need to check our sheet again. It all seems to be coming together though. Whoo-Hoo!
Also, thanks to our Sunday School teacher, we were able to get in touch with our church missionaries to Ethiopia. They are currently here in SC, but will be going back to Ethiopia in January. How wonderful would it be to get to know them and have a friendly face in Ethiopia? God is good!
In Christian Love,
Charity

1 comment:

_ said...

I enjoyed your thoughts about giving thanks. I've been feeling very convicted lately about my crabbiness (we've been displaced from our home for a month!) even if I have a "reason" for it. It's so easy, common, and lazy just to be short-tempered and waspish with the people that you love and then apologize, but how much more love (and self-control) it shows to reign in that meanness and choose to be kind and loving. So I enjoyed hearing again to be thankful! Good luck on your new adoption journey!