We truly are a family redefined. We are husband, wife, son, daughter, step children, biological and adopted children and most importantly, Children of God.

A friend pointed out that I needed to update my blog header. After our adoption from Ethiopia, I had updated it stating how the adoption of Sara Joy completed our family. Well... the journey continues. After much prayer, we have decided to follow what we feel is God's calling for us...we went to Ghana with the intention of adopting a four year old girl, Isabella Hope. Little did we know that she would be the catalyst to bringing home not only her, but her half brother and sister. We will now be adding not only Isabella Hope to our family, but also Mary Grace (9) and Gilbert (6) who we will transition to the name Nathaniel Timothy. The shock is wearing off and the JOY and EXCITEMENT are overwhelming. Now truly, our family is complete. The great part of journeying with God, is that it's always an adventure. He knows where we are going, and for us it is all a marvelous surprise. Looking forward to sharing our family adventures as we walk daily through life and as we venture off to Ghana to bring home Mary, Nate and Isabella! It's always an adventure redefining our family!



Monday, September 7, 2009

Wedding pictures

I got to see my sister this Labor Day weekend! It was great! I don't get to see my sister, Robb and her kids all that often, and it is rare that I get to see them all together. Sometimes Anita will come to SC with one or all of the kids, and sometimes they come as a whole family, but I usually don't get to spend a whole lot of time with them. It was a great time. I got to spend some times with my nephews which was really nice, and Cameron and Anna got to spend some time with their cousins. They had a great time together. Cameron and Blake, my sister's youngest son, had a wonderful time together. We are hoping to get Blake for awhile during the summer next year so he and Cameron can spend some fun time together.
My cousin David was getting married, and he and Elizabeth asked Anna to be their flower girl. So, we met up in Chicago for the wedding. It was a whirlwind trip and there wasn't a whole lot of relaxation associated with it, but it was fun. Anna did a great job and looked beautiful! Here is a picture of her and the beautiful bride.

Here's a picture of Anna in the flower garden and one with my cousins Erin and Jessica.


The wedding is beautiful, and I'm so happy for David and Elizabeth. I think they will be very happy together! Elizabeth is a very sweet girl, and David has always been a great young man.

The trip was a bit eventful, but it all worked out. We were to leave Friday morning at 10:00 for the airport, and Cameron woke up that morning with what appeared (and turned out to be) pink eye. We had to get him to the Urgent Care center in time to get an antibiotic and get the Rx filled and get on our way to the airport. We managed, but it was close. While we were on the plane, Cameron was so conjested, he almost got sick. It took us two hours to get 20 miles from the airport, so we missed the rehearsal, but made it to the dinner. Like I said, the wedding was beautiful.

Now we are back home and getting ready for another work week. Thank goodness we had the holiday weekend, because we need the recovery time! I ended up getting sick while I was there and am feeling really under the weather today. It's nice not to have to be in work today.

Adoption update: Tim and I were approved by our new agency and turned our homestudy documentation in. We should be able to set up our home study here shortly. I'm gathering all of the dossier documents, so by the time our homestudy is done, I'll likely be ready with our dossier documents. We will have to wait for immigration approval, but then we will be ready to go. I'm hoping that within three months, we will have everthing ready to go. I guess I will set the target though for the first of the year. That should be realistic. Here's to hoping that everything moves quickly. We are ready for our Sara Joy to come home! We are going to start looking for furniture soon for Cameron's room. We have decided to move all of his furniture into Sara's room (since we were thinking about getting Cameron a full sized bed anyway). She will have a twin bed with a trundle. We will get her a new comforter and curtains and things like that. It just made sense to give her Cameron's furniture. It is only a couple of years old and looks like new. It will be cute in her room (and will fit her room well) with a nice girly bed spread. It will be nice. I'll keep posting pictures as we go.

Next weekend.... Anna's birthday! Not sure what to get her yet, so I guess I better start thinking hard about that!

Hope everyone has a great Labor Day!

Love,
Charity

No comments: