We truly are a family redefined. We are husband, wife, son, daughter, step children, biological and adopted children and most importantly, Children of God.

A friend pointed out that I needed to update my blog header. After our adoption from Ethiopia, I had updated it stating how the adoption of Sara Joy completed our family. Well... the journey continues. After much prayer, we have decided to follow what we feel is God's calling for us...we went to Ghana with the intention of adopting a four year old girl, Isabella Hope. Little did we know that she would be the catalyst to bringing home not only her, but her half brother and sister. We will now be adding not only Isabella Hope to our family, but also Mary Grace (9) and Gilbert (6) who we will transition to the name Nathaniel Timothy. The shock is wearing off and the JOY and EXCITEMENT are overwhelming. Now truly, our family is complete. The great part of journeying with God, is that it's always an adventure. He knows where we are going, and for us it is all a marvelous surprise. Looking forward to sharing our family adventures as we walk daily through life and as we venture off to Ghana to bring home Mary, Nate and Isabella! It's always an adventure redefining our family!



Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I forgot....

Yesterday I forgot to be thankful. I remembered today. Please forgive my forgetfulness. I was wallowing in self pity. Today I'm still wallowing, but I'm wallowing with a thankful heart. While I am drowning in work right now, I'm thankful for my job. While I'm barely keeping afloat right now at work, I'm thankful that my team is coming back (soon!!!). I'm thankful for each member of my group. I'm even thankful for those who are not part of my group but who will be returning so I do not have to cover their job!

Last week, I was thinking about the fact that I really need to show thanks more often. I really, truly am thankful for the people who work for/with me. They put in lots of hours and sacrifice time with their family to make sure we can make the medicine that we need to make to save peoples' lives. Especially at this critical time right now, when we are gearing up to supply the world with Tam!flu. They put in long, stressful hours, and I truly am thankful to them.

I have a little surprise for them next week. At our staff meeting, I'm giving them each a gift to share with their family. I thought it would be nice to show my appreciation by giving them something that they could do relaxing with their family. It's only a small token and doesn't compare to what they have given lately, but I hope it will show them that I appreciate them and their time. I got each of them a gift certificate to a nice local restaurant and a gift certificate to the movie theatre. Again, it doesn't compare to what they do for me, but it does show them that I care and appreciate them.

Now, they all need to get back to work! I would apprecaite them even more if they were HERE!

The manager that is out, and one of my people are out in California on an audit of a supplier facility. They were out at the beach/pier yesterday as they got to California early enough and didn't have to audit until today. I think I heard chuckling in the background as I was conveying my string of work questions. They seriously need to come back to work!

I really do appreciate my job and the people I work with. They are great! Sorry I forgot to be thankful yesterday. It's hard to do that from under the covers :)

In Christ (full strength)
Charity

No comments: