We truly are a family redefined. We are husband, wife, son, daughter, step children, biological and adopted children and most importantly, Children of God.

A friend pointed out that I needed to update my blog header. After our adoption from Ethiopia, I had updated it stating how the adoption of Sara Joy completed our family. Well... the journey continues. After much prayer, we have decided to follow what we feel is God's calling for us...we went to Ghana with the intention of adopting a four year old girl, Isabella Hope. Little did we know that she would be the catalyst to bringing home not only her, but her half brother and sister. We will now be adding not only Isabella Hope to our family, but also Mary Grace (9) and Gilbert (6) who we will transition to the name Nathaniel Timothy. The shock is wearing off and the JOY and EXCITEMENT are overwhelming. Now truly, our family is complete. The great part of journeying with God, is that it's always an adventure. He knows where we are going, and for us it is all a marvelous surprise. Looking forward to sharing our family adventures as we walk daily through life and as we venture off to Ghana to bring home Mary, Nate and Isabella! It's always an adventure redefining our family!



Sunday, September 20, 2009

Scripture Verse Sunday

Psalms 75:1 - Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks.

This is Anna's scripture verse for the week. Another week of focusing on giving thanks to God for everything. Not hard to do, but many times we forget. Last night was one of those times that I forgot. I have a bit of a story to share, then plenty of pictures to share, so this might be a long post.

Tim and I, but mostly Tim, had a bit of a long weekend this weekend. It was packed with stuff to do, and we were under some time constraints, so we had to get it all done this weekend. We were moving furniture from my mom's house to our house. Then we had given our dining room table and a bedroom set away, and we were helping to get it moved as well.

First, about the dining room set. Trust me when I say that I am SO thankful that I have it. Tim and I had a nice dining room table. I have been on the lookout for a china cabinet and maybe something else to finish off the dining room. For now, it was fine. We had the table and when I came across something, then we would think about either getting it, or changing completely. Well, come to find out, my mom purchased new dining room furniture. She was getting rid of her table, china cabinet and dry sink. Oh... I have been eyeing them up for some time - and I will tell you why. I especially wanted the dry sink and china cabinet, and since the table matches the other two pieces, I was more than happy to have them all.

The dining room table is the table I ate on as a child. When we brought it home and set it up in the dining room, it was strange how all of the memories around the dining room table came back. I remembered where I sat, and where everyone else sat. I remembered sitting directly across from my dad. How I wish I could see him today. How I wish I could share life with him. Anyway, that was the table I ate on for most of my life. And it is in remarkable shape. The china cabinet and the dry sink were my hearts' desire though... why? Because it was my dad's hands that finished them. He took care in staining and finishing both pieces and they turned out beautiful. The table is almost 30 years old and the china cabinet and dry sink are close behind in age. When my mom said she had gotten new furniture and asked me if I wanted this furniture, I was so THRILLED to have it. We went to Georgetown yesterday to pick it up, got it home and all assembled and today Tim is making the trip to drop off our other furniture. It is a very long weekend for him.

Besides dealing with the furniture, we had cheerleading and football yesterday. So, in order for the kids to not miss their first games, we stayed around here in the morning and got off to a late start with the furniture runs in the afternoon.

When we got home with the furniture last night it was around 7:00. I was tired. It had been a very long day and it was getting dark out. We stopped and picked something up for the kids and Tim to eat. I was not feeling real hungry, so I didn't get anything. When we got home, I could see the sun setting by the minute. I knew it would be dark very soon and we had a whole trailer of furniure to unload. All I wanted to do was get the furniture out of the trailer so I did not kill myself trying to help Tim move it. I have nightblindness as part of my eye condition, so when it is dusk, it is like dark to me. Most people can see well beyond when I can, and would wonder why I said I couldn't see at the time of night that I begin to have difficulty. But, I know my limitations.

Tim had been running all day and had not had much to eat and wanted to eat his dinner before he started moving things. I on the other hand knew that if I was going to help move things, that it would have to happen quickly. I was tired and irritated, and frustrated with the fact that I even have this difficulty, and I snapped at Tim. I know I shouldn't have, but I did. I just wanted to be able to help, and I knew my help would be limited later. Not an excuse, but it's the truth. We ended up kind of doing both. We moved while Tim ate. In the end it all worked out and we got everything moved in and the old stuff moved out. Here is a picture of the new dining room furniture. It's a little piece of my dad here with me.

Anna had a great cheerleading day yesterday. It was her first time and she looked so sweet. She cheered at the 9:00 game. Cameron's game was not until 12:00. I had quite a bad headache, so I didn't make it to Cameron's game, which is why I only have pictures of Anna. Tim was there though, and he said Cameron did great. He scored three out of four touchdowns! GO CAMERON! Here's Anna's first cheerleading picture:

Next weekend we have our homestudy. Whoo-Hoo! It will be so nice to get that done! Please pray for our family as we continue down this adoption road. I am so looking forward to our daughter coming home and being with us.

In Christ,

Charity

No comments: